Monday, December 6, 2021

Mixed Media - Altered Wooden Door - Joy

Welcome! Today I would like to share with you my first Christmas decor of the season. 

Won't lie . . . this took quite a bit of planning and set-up. I had to order the colors, order crackle paste, cut the dies, shop for glitter and create the moulds. That just means I now have all the supplies in my stash for the next one!

I was hugely inspired by the video of "Altered Brush" by Sanna Suomalainen. I used her process and colors scheme while adding my own twist to my piece.

All the supplies are listed below.


First I applied gesso, followed by PVA glue (Elmer's glue) then the crackle paste. Finnabair's crackle paste seems to be impossible to get here in the U.S. these days so I'm having to go a different route.
This step alone took several hours cause needed to let dry without using the dry heat gun.


I then applied White Sand paste, followed by glitter. Once that dried, I began the color process with Soft Satin and Steampunk Copper.


The composition of this piece went fairly quickly. I did use Lindy's embossing powders on my die cuts to add just a little more dramatic effect.


The title is embossed with Midnight Gold. The whole piece was then dusted with white gesso to mute the colors slightly. I then highlighted with Unicorn's Hair and White Pearl.
It's ALL in the video link above, except for the crackle paste, pebbles and die cuts.

Thanks for stopping by today!!!

Supplies:

Finnabair:

  1. Metallique Soft Satin 
  2. Metallique Steampunk Copper
  3. Sparks Unicorn Hair
  4. Wax - White Pearl
  5. White Sand Paste
  6. Moulds - Sharon Shiv Collection (tree branch), Elisian Clockworks, Scrolls
  7. Heavy White Gesso

Lindy's Embossing Powders:

  1. Bratwurst Brown
  2. Midnight Gold
  3. Sunrise Salmon Gold
Elmer's Glue (PVA Glue) followed by Mont Marte Crackle Paste

German Glitter Glass - Rust

Recollections Glitter - Champagne

Gold Pearls

White Pearls

Chipboard

Flowers by Paper Studieo

Home Decor item - Michael's (large gold trimming)

Poinsettia Skeletal Dies

Mistletoe Die

Leaves (various types)

Pebbles using clear Epoxy Resin

No comments:

Post a Comment