Monday, May 13, 2019

Mixed Media: Care

Hello! Today I would like to share with you my final project for the "Adopt-a-Teacher" PTA campaign. Volunteers can "adopt" one staff member to give a gift to every month. This is my final one for this school year. Hope she likes it!!

I also followed this month's color challenge at Lindy's Stamp Gang, especially since this staff member's favorite color is purple!! All my supplies are listed at the end of this post.



I wanted this project to resemble a card, without actually being a card. I wanted to keep it small and less complicated than my larger canvases. It's funny how I still end up using a LOT
of supplies though. The base is Tim Holtz tissue paper, modeling paste with stencil and layering two of Lindy's sprays.


I built the embellishments using fillers, CE frame, Prima key mold and flowers. I added die cut fillers and metal embellishments from my stash to give this a rather "full" look.


I tried to find in my stash a title that was appropriate for a teacher. I found this cute metal embellishment by Prima. I know it's not much, but I felt the word summed up teachers and staff quite nicely.


I added Vintage Gold Wax as a final touch to my project. Hope you are inspired!

THANKS FOR STOPPING BY TODAY!!

 Supplies:

Lindy's Stamp Gang:
--Starburst Hi Maintenance Magenta
--Starburst Cotton Candy Pink
--EP Stardust Candy Rose

Creative Embellishments Chipboard Frame

Metal Embellishments (Amazon)

Tim Holtz
--Botanical Layers
--Black Embossing Powder
--Tissue Wrap - Melange

Sue Wilson Die Cut fillers

Blue Fern Studios Flowers

Finnabair:
--Wax Vintage Gold
--Mettalique Butterfly Spells
--Melange Pebbles

Prima Molds - Key holes

Stencil and Modeling Paste

49 and Market flower fillers

White Gesso
Tacky Glue
Hot Glue
Glossy Accents
4x6 canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment