Thursday, May 16, 2019

Mixed Media Canvas: Timeless

Hello there! Creative Embellishments has an interesting challenge this month and I enjoyed playing along!! I love piling on the embellishments for a canvas, but the color scheme was especially fun to play with.




The base of my canvas is made with stencils and modeling paste. This is quickly followed by corrugated chipboard (this is found in random purchases of household objects) and a layer
of a large piece of Creative Embellishments honeycomb chipboard.


Lots of layering and gluing commenced after that. I worked on this piece in sections. I painted and worked on the background separately from the main attraction. I also accidentally discovered the really cool effect of using Finnabair's Opal Magic Coral-Green.


I just had to add that really cute little fork into this piece. Have no idea why. The melange pebbles
are all painted with Finnabair's Sparks Butterfly Spells. No other distressing so they would 
really stand out, like stars.


I simply love the metallique blackberry and plum preserves color. I don't have this color
anywhere else in my home or clothes closet, but I just love it on my canvases.


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY TODAY!!!

Supplies:

Finnabair Art Alchemy:
--Metallique Blackberry
--Metallique Plum Preserves
--Sparks Butterfly Spells
--Opal Magic Coral-Green

Finnabair Other:
--Melange Pebbles
--Wax Blue Velvet
--Wax Vintage Silk
--Art Stones
--Black Gesso
--White Gesso
--White Sand Texture Paste

Prima Marketing Molds:
--Moon and Stars
--Cogs and Wings
--Everleigh Flourish

49 and Market:
--Chipboard Timeless Pieces

Dylusions Large Numbers stencil
Other Stencil

Corrugated Chipboard
Bottle Cap
Metal gears and key - Amazon
Paper Studio metal pieces
Flowers from stash

Creative Embellishments Chipboard gears and background


4 comments:

  1. Wow, such a dramatic piece, Vivian! I'm loving all the layers and yes, the fork is perfect! Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining the fun at creative Embellishments this month. Goodness this is absolutely stunning work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous take on the challenge. Love all the layers and details. Thanks for joining us at Creative Embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Love all the dimension, textures and layers! The fork you mentioned added perfectly to the curve on that side!! The beautiful wings and the sun were the soul of the canvas anyway! Great work! Came over from Scrapbook.com
    Beverly Jordan
    Bevjordan

    ReplyDelete