Monday, November 12, 2018

Canvas: FAMILY

Hello and welcome to my blog! Today I would love to share with you my latest mixed media canvas using my favorite Fall colors.

I made this project with two different challenges in mind; Creative Embellishments and Lindy's Stamp Gang.

Lindy's Stamp Gang
Creative Embellishments


I would love to enter both challenges every month but sometimes the colors aren't quite in my arsenal. For whatever reason, I still don't have a really good red from Lindy's or a deep blue. First world problems, right?!

I am especially proud of this project because I did not "lift" from anyone else. This is 100% out of my head. Now, countless hours spent watching others create certainly helped, and I do recommend that for anyone learning a new way of crafting. The supplies used are listed at the end of my post.

Thanks for stopping by today!!!




I touched up the entire project at the end with shimmery acrylic paint: ginger magic.


I am particularly fond of adding pebbles and stones to my canvases. 
It's such a simple and easy way to add texture.


I would have liked to use deeper colors on this project, but I chose to stick with what I had 
in my stash. Funny thing about budgets, right?


I did use several chipboard pieces by Creative Embellishments. They did get a little buried
underneath all the flowers and pinecones. That being said I have learned to build my
canvases with pieces that will get "buried" because it all adds to the final art.

THANKS FOR STOPPING BY TODAY!!

Supplies:

8x5 canvas

Creative Embellishments:
--Apples
--Apple basket 
--Flourish and stems

49 and Market flowers

Prima Marketing
--Flowers
--Gold Rust Paste - Finnabair
--Acrylic Paint: Ginger Magic - Finnabair
--Art Stones - Finnabair
--Melange Art Pebbles - Finnabair
--Burlap
--Shabby Chic Treasures: Leaves
--Thread Letters: Family

Finnabair:
3D Gloss Gel
Moldeling Paste
Soft Gloss Gel
Stencils

13@rts:
--Pinecones

Lindy's Stamp Gang:
Starburst Spray: Tibetan Poppy Teal
Starburst Spray: Cowabunga Copper
Starburst Spray: Red Hot Poker Orange

KaiserCraft: Mini Paper Blooms: Aubergine

White Gesso
Glue Gun

9 comments:

  1. I love that you have to taken to mixed media like you have but have stayed true to your die cut self as well. This canvas is amazing! Beautiful take on the Creative Embellishments challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely spectacular canvas for the season. Your finishing touches are gorgeous. Thanks for playing at Creative Embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your canvas is gorgeous, love the vibrant colors! Thanks for playing with us at Creative Embellishments :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful dimensional canvas -- I especially love the little pinecones! Thanks for playing with us at Creative Embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. and its fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for joining in @ CREATIVE EMBELLISHMENTs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love all the texture and the pop of teal. Thanks for joining the Creative Embellishments November Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is a beautiful canvas! The colours are perfect. Thank you for joining us at Creative Embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome project! Love the cluster, burlap, and clear dots! Thanks for playing along with the Creative Embellishments November Challenge! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - this is gorgeous! That flower cluster is perfect!

    ReplyDelete