Thursday, October 4, 2018

Trixie Treat Box

Hello there! Today I would like to share with you my second teacher project for this year. My son's school has a "secret santa" type program for all teachers and staff to receive a gift once a month. So for the entire school year, I am to anonymously give my selected staff member a gift. Last month I started with a bag with Suzy's Apple, also by Dreaming Tree.

With October being Halloween, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to make this Trixie Treat Bag, by Dreaming Tree.

These treat bags are super easy to make but I did add a few delicious details of my own to really "dress" her up.

I have more than enough pattern paper in my stash to work with my 3-D projects. I think it can potentially add interest to your work, like using pattern paper for the face. Kind of makes her look like she's got chicken pox scars, huh? I also added extra pearls for more freckles on her cheeks. But I wanted her to have a feminine, soft side so I added a bow, pearl earrings, and highlights to her hair using Stickles.

Hope you like her, and thanks for stopping by today.


And don't forget you can really change a character's eyes using pattern paper. So my soft, feminine witch with scars also has a bit of a "wicked" side.


I had the hardest time really getting a good photo of her without losing the effect of the highlights.
I miss my light box . . . sigh.

Supplies:

--Bella Blvd. - Spooktacular
--Bella Blvd. - Halloween Magic
AC Cardstock - Black and Purple

Brads and Pearls

Stickles - Turquoise

Glossy Accents (on teeth)

Handmade Bow

No comments:

Post a Comment