Tuesday, June 12, 2018

ISBG: Today is full of possibilites

Hello there! Today I want to share with you my latest project using International Scrapbook Garden's toolshed kit: Colorburst.

So far, I have made five pages with this kit and love them all. It is so full of masculine goodies that it is just brilliant for any boyish pages you want to make. The kit has lots of items from 49 and Market, Lindy's Stamp Gang, Creative Embellishments and 7 Dots Studio . . . you just can't go wrong. All supplies are listed at the end of my post.

One of my son's last 5th grade projects was called "The Decades Project" and he was part of the 1910's and 20's group. The kids were encouraged to dress up according to the time period they represented. We just couldn't resist. My husband and son made an evening of it and bought a suit closely matching the time period. I found a hat on Amazon and well. . . . you can see the results. He shined at school all day, refusing to change. I think he secretly loved all the attention.

This is also the same time of year that blue bonnets bloom here in Texas. Lots of moms were asking about getting photos of their kids and blue bonnets on FB. I bragged online saying  . . . . "eat your heart out, blue bonnets". Even boys need to be taught to be comfortable with how they look and feel in their own skin.

Without further ado, here it is. I hope my work inspires you. I know I get enormous inspiration following 49 and Market's design team as well as Lindy's Stamp Gang. Hint: someday, when I'm all grown up, I hope to be good enough to land one of those design teams.

Thanks for stopping by today!!!!


Most of this page is from the kit, the main exception is the Tim Holtz' metal embellishments.


I love layering die cuts. Having a small cluster away from the main photo keeps your eye moving.


I am learning that it is ok to add flowers to "boy" layouts. By adding the metal embellishments, I believe it helps the page retain it's masculine feel. Without the metal, I felt my page was just a bit too "flat" feeling.


I layered tags and frames here. This is a great way to keep my stash from becoming overwhelming in my crafty space.


I added black acrylic paint splatters at the end. My page looked "fine" without it, but the splatters give it that final mixed media touch we all love.


The mixed media kit come with Paste-eez "Hold the Mustard". I lightly added this with my pinky finger all over the page. It really made the green and teal colors "pop" and added a brightness to my page, which otherwise felt rather dark.

Thank you for stopping by today!!!!

Supplies:

International Scrapbook Garden: Toolshed kit Colorburst: Main Kit
International Scrapbook Garden: Toolshed kit Colorburst: Embellishment Bonus Kit
International Scrapbook Garden: Toolshed kit Colorburst: Mixed Media Kit

Lindy's Stamp Gang:
Flat Spray: C'est la vie Cerise
Starburst Spray: Cathedral Pines Green
Magical Shaker: Time Travel Teal

My Stash:
Black Acrylic Paint
Tim Holtz' metal embellishments
Dymo Label
Gray Thread
Black Archival Ink

If you would like, please follow me at my crafty page on Facebook as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment