Thursday, June 14, 2018

Mixed Media Canvas: Choose To Shine

Hello there! Today I'm sharing with you my latest creation that I specifically made for Lindy's June challenge. I had so much fun getting rather messy putting this all together. This is my first time entering Lindy's challenges. I hope to make much more!!

I always list supplies and links at the end of my post. Thanks so much for stopping by today!!


Can you believe I started this with a paper towel?! Yep, the background is a paper towel covered in gesso. I probably won't do that again, but it was a good challenge trying to work with it.

This above is Lindy's June challenge color scheme. I don't have the exact colors in my stash so I used colors that, I hope, were closely matching.

I was greatly inspired by Ingrid's dream canvas from 2015.




I had a little goof up with using the right glue for the Finnabair Melange art pebbles. Live and learn, right??


What I love most about mixed media is getting messy with different textures. My scrapbook pages and cards are "neat and orderly", but this art style encourages you to abandon all that.


Here I'm showing you a close-up of the different art stones that I used. I did add dry brush gesso at the end to help make the colors "pop".


The white leaf stems are cut using my Sillouette. 


There is a chipboard heart by Creative Embellishments underneath the flower cluster. I did not intend to bury it so completely, but making a canvas really takes a life of it's own.


I recently bought Finnabair package of mixed media pastes, which included White Sand.


I'm very happy with how this turned out. I know I'm not really describing how I made it because it's all a blur to me. I do frequently watch videos and visit blogs of lots of mixed media artists. For now, my work is "simple" in comparison.

Thank you so much for stopping by today!!!!


Supplies:

Lindy's Stamp Gang:

13@rts Black Microspheres

Finnabair products:
White Blanc Art Stones
Melange art pebbles
3D Gloss Gel
Soft Gloss Gel
White Sand Texture Paste

Prima flowers
Tim Holtz Quote Chips
Wooden "hello" (random from stash)
Random stars from stash
Silhouette cutting file


8x10 canvas
paper towel
white gesso
mod podge glue
SaveSave

3 comments:

  1. Vivian, love this canvas to pieces! Thank you for joining us on Lindy's Gang this month! Hugs, Asia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful canvas! Thank you for playing with us at Lindy's Gang!

    ReplyDelete