Thursday, June 7, 2018

ISBG: Mixed Media Canvas: Happy

Hello! Today I want to share with you my newest mixed media canvas. I absolutely love making these and apparently have started a theme throughout my house.

I used a variety of supplies from International Scrapbook Garden, Lindy's Stamp Gang, and my own stash of various goodies.


I could "describe" how I made this, but honestly I highly recommend you just watch YouTube videos by those who have taken them time to make them. You will learn a lot more than reading my words.


I do love the Prima wax "Red Amber" that I used here. It really makes the texture of the canvas pop.


I did learn from Gabrielle Pollaco to add bling at the very end. Her videos are very instructive and well done.


Since the top of my canvas is so "heavy", I wanted to minimize the embellishments surrounding my fairy. Do you feel the wonderful mixture of emotions by her placement?



Canvases are a great way to get your hands messy, relax your mind and really play with techniques and colors. As long as you understand the basic "rules" of applying gesso, sprays, inks, etc., you almost can't really mess up a canvas. The trick is having enough goodies to play with.

Thank you for stopping by today!!

Supplies:

International Scrapbook Garden: Toolshed: Colorburst: Embellishment Bonus Kit
International Scrapbook Garden: Toolshed: Colorburst: Bonus Chipboard
International Scrapbook Garden: Toolshed: Summer Concert: Embellishment Bonus Kit
International Scrapbook Garden: Toolshed: Autumn Hayride: Mixed Media Bonus Kit

Lindy's Stamp Gang:
Starburst Spray: Cattail Copper Brown
Starburst Spray: Canna Lily Burnt Orange
Starburst Spray: Tainted Love Teal
Starburst Spray: Green with Envy Green
Flat Spray: C'est la vie Cerise

Creative Embellishments:
Flourish Corner 6
Bird Cage 4 Piece Set
Fairy Trio

No comments:

Post a Comment