Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Mixed Media - All About Spring

Hello everyone! Here is my Spring project for 2022. I wanted this to display the riot of colors that a lovely spring garden can hold. Especially if garden was tended by me  . . . cause I'm not much of a gardener.

Sprapaholics has the best spring garden boots in their chipboard stash and I just loved using it here. Imitating spring, I used several types of textures from various places in my stash, including Renea Bouquets beautiful board, 49 and market flowers, spongy moss, and more!

Thanks for stopping by today!!


The base is a corkboard cutting board I found in Home Goods. The texture and design is perfect to use in MM projects (I found it on sale).


The paper leaves were embossed using Sunrise Salmon Gold and Beaucoup Mint. I'm not sure why I felt the need to stick a time piece on this project, but there it is.


The chipboard boots were embossed with Bratwurst Brown and Stampendous' Seasonings. I added a little extra distressing using gesso.


There are hints of molds in this piece that have a more "watercolor" look. I wanted the texture, but knew the boots were the main attraction. So the moulds add dimension and interest without taking your eyes away from the main attraction.


I've been saving this spongy moss in my stash for a spring project. I thought it really made a wonderful barrier between the two sides of the piece.


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY TODAY!

Supplies:

COLORS

Lindy's Embossing Powders:

  1. Sunrise Salmon Gold
  2. Merci Beaucoup Mint
  3. Bratwurst Brown
  4. Orange Creamsicle

Lindy's Sprays:'

  1. Mission Bells Brown
  2. Wild Honeysuckle Coral
  3. Orange Creamsicle

Stampendous Chunky Metallic "Seasonings"

Finnabair Opal Magic Coral-Green

Tim Holtz Distressed Powder Vintage Photo

Acrylic Paint:

  1. Brown
  2. Burnst Sienna
  3. Brilliant Yellow-Green
TEXTURES

Scrapaholics chipboard
ReneaBouquet chipboard
Creative expressions chipboard

Spring moss

Art pebbles

49 and Market flowers

Finnabair moulds

Die cut leaves and fillers

Metal embellishment

No comments:

Post a Comment