Monday, August 2, 2021

Mixed Media Canvas - Reflection

Hello everyone!! As you may know, I love making canvases and have made several pieces either for my home decor (rotated every season) or for loved ones. THIS piece is for me...about me. I had nearly every element in my stash that I could think of except one. No matter cause I just LOVE how this turned out. All the supplies are listed below. I'm not really going to explain what I did so much as why a piece is on this board.

The color scheme is even one of my favorites to work with soothing browns, metalliques and a touch of teal.
Roses everywhere - My favorite flower and Rose is my middle name
Steampunk - cause I love making steampunk mixed media

Dragons (even a little guy on the left) - I have always loved any type of fantasy. I love a good book with dragons in it.
Butterfly - I do love butterflies but it also reflects my love of nature. I prefer nature over cities any day.
Single solitary rose - My favorite book is Kushiel's Dart by Jacqueline Carey and the main character has a large tattoo of a rose with thorns and blood drops on her back, reflecting her unique nature in the world.

Here is a door with a tiny fairy and mushroom nestled into the corner. I have little pieces of fantasy all over this steampunk piece.

Book - I love to read. Especially fantasy.
Playstation controller - I have always played Final Fantasy using the Playstation...all the way back to Playstation 2.
XV (behind the book) - Tribute to Final Fantasy - my favorite game

And here is my tiny unicorn!!! I love unicorns so much that my family has started buying little gifts with unicorns on them again. Have you seen "The Last Unicorn"?

Dog - I love dogs, especially Shih-Tzus. My two dogs right now are Sky and Cassie. Plus I needed something on there for my 20 year career as an RVT. I'm a medical coder now, but veterinary medicine is my first love.
Swords - Tribute to fantasy and also that I love martial arts. Couldn't quite find what I wanted for this piece but I do have swords thanks to Katy Sue Designs.

Thanks for stopping by today!!!

 Supplies:

Lindy's Sprays:

  1. Opal Sea Oats
  2. Gossamer Gold
  3. Mission Bells Brown
  4. Dark Chocolate Truffle

Stampedous EP:

  1. Seasonings
  2. Shabby Pink

Finnabair

Graphite Texture Paste

Chipboard

Moulds from:

  1. Katy Sue Designs
  2. Finnabair
  3. Etsy

Waxes:

  1. Peacock
  2. Aged Brass
  3. Bronze Age
  4. Meteor Showers
  5. White Gold
Old chipboard 

Distressed diamond stencil

49 and market flowers

Graphite 45 flowers

White Gesso
Black Gesso

No comments:

Post a Comment