Friday, July 5, 2019

We Dream In Colors

Hello! I'm very excited to show you my latest canvas following the Finnabair Art Recipe challenge. I have quite a bit of Finnabair products, but Impasto paints are not one of them so I had to improvise for my project. The challenge is to use the color scheme and at least two of the products listed.

Colours of June Art Recipe:
brown, green, blue

Products:
Finnabair Moulds
Art Alchemy: Impasto Paints
Art Ingredients: Mica Powder
Art Basics: Modeling Paste


I was inspired by Love Passionately by Tiffany, with the blues and rusts mixed together.  I will also say that I'm constantly inspired by Nadya Drozdova and Olga Bielska of the mixed media world. I love how these two can bring a range of products to a canvas and it not look like a hot mess, but rather a beautiful piece of art.


When I make a canvas, I want it to be personal . . . something my family and I can relate to. Especially since I don't sell my projects (yet). I had to bribe my son on vacation to let me take a photo of him performing a high side-kick. (There was money involved...LOL.) He can get higher, but he risked ripping up his swim trunks. I'm super-geeked out with how this turned out!! This piece embodies our vacation, my son's martial arts skills and promises of the future. Think of it as a mini-scrapbook page!


Finnabair has moulds that you can make seashells!! Woot! I colored them with Lindy's Blue Hawaiian Blue and followed that up with Finnabair's Old Silver and Antique Gold waxes. Finally, all over the piece I dabbed Finnabair's red rust paste.


Here is the Creative Embellishments steampunk piece I used, colored with Lindy's Cattail Copper Brown. It's not as big as I thought, which is one reason I went with a smaller canvas size. I added layers of Finnabair's Cogs and Wings moulds and melange pebbles on top of it.


The art stones and pebbles are colored with Lindy's Merry-Go-Round Green. The Chicken Wire (reversed) stencil is made with Finnabair's modeling paste and Lindy's Magical Shaker Bratwurst Brown. The title is from a EU paper collection called Stamperia that I picked up at a local scrapbook store.

THANKS FOR STOPPING BY TODAY!!!

Supplies:
Challenge Products:
Finnabair Wings and Cogs Mold
Finnabair Seashore Treasures
Finnabair Modeling Paste with chicken wire stencil

Other Finnabair Products:
Finnabair Mini Art Stones
Finnabair Art Stones (pebbles)
Finnabair Melange Pebbles
Finnabair Wax Old Silver
Finnabair Wax Antique Gold
Finnabair Red Rust Paste

Colors by Lindy's Stamp Gang:

6x6 Mini Chicken Wire Reversed Stencil
Tim Holtz's Tissue Wrap Melange
Creative Embellishments Steampunk Chipboard
Creative Embellishments Seaweed Chipboard

Frame from stash
Straws
Cheesecloth
Stamperia Paper #SBB540 (title)

No comments:

Post a Comment