Monday, July 8, 2019

Trust Your Heart Mixed Media Canvas

Hello! Today I would like to share with you my latest piece for the Mixed Media Place mood board challenge. I was hugely inspired by this piece made by Mallika Kejriwal.




I was at a scrapbooking retreat with my sister and had to go shopping within the local store to make this piece. I was geeked out to find the laser cuts by 49 & Market and coordinating flowers by Prima. But for the most part I was limited with my other products that I took with me, which did not include my entire color supplies.


I used my favorite stencil, brick wall, and Finnabair texture paste white sand to get started. I then layered Lindy's Merry-Go-Round Green and Finnabair's Unicorn Hair over the stencil. I added a touch of stamping with Versamark and EP Midnight Gold. I did not want the background too busy. The Tim Holtz's quote chips were the only items I took with me to make a title. So if it doesn't quite "make sense" to you with this piece, that is why.


I'm glad I had certain colors with me for this project, or it would not have been made at all. Being limited at the retreat really made me focus on what I could do, instead of feeling lost within my large stash at home. I did manage to take a lot of my mixed media supplies, but I was choosy about my color stash (cause I didn't want to carry it all with me). I'm really happy with how this turned out and hope you find inspiration.

THANKS FOR STOPPING BY TODAY!!

Supplies:

49 and Market Laser Cuts - Tattered Garden
Prima Marketing Flowers - Orchard Mix
Tim Holtz Quote Chips

Lindy's Stamp Gang:
Flat Merry-Go-Round Green
EP Spanish Moss Green
EP Midnight Gold

Finnabair:
Sparks Acrylic Paint - Unicorn's Hair
Mica Flakes
Art Pebbles
Texture Paste - White Sand

Cosmic Shimmer Gliding Flakes

Moss from a yard sale :)

Metal Embellishments - Amazon

Creative Embellishments:
Mushroom
Leaves
Circle Vine Frame

Brick Stencil

Versamark Ink
Stamp





No comments:

Post a Comment