Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Altered Bird House

For Christmas my son bought me a wooden birdhouse to "play" with using all my fun supplies. I thought I was going to make a winter themed house but this project took on a life of it's own by directing me towards pink. Pink! The only pink I have in my stash is in the Sweet Treats spray set by Lindy's Stamp Gang. So I bought Prima Marketing SPARKS acrylic paint "Butterfly Spells" for extra effect and . . . . more pink.

I also found this fabulous challenge group called Art Playground and what do you know!? Here is this month's challenge.



Guess I really wanted more "girly and pink" than winter and blue.

Without further ado, here it is. Hope it inspires you!!!!


Most of my stash of color is from Lindy's Stamp Gang. I do tend to lean more towards 
the spray and embossing powders than the magicals. I find them perplexing.



Coming up with a design was just a matter of combing thru my stash and 
learning how to play with foamiran for handmade flowers.


When playing with 3D objects, be sure to hit all the corners and sides. 
It will not feel complete otherwise.



Adding numbers (Thickers) for texture was inspiration from one of many 
videos I've watched in regards to mixed media. 


I'm slowly building my stash of "fillers". They seem to be essential 
to buildingmixed media pieces and adding interest and texture.




THANKS FOR STOPPING BY TODAY!!!

Supplies:

Lindy's Stamp Gang
--Starburst Spray Set Sweet Treats
--EP Morning Glory Azure
--EP Silver Moon Mistletoe

Blue Fern Studios - Heartland Collection

Prima Marketing SPARKS Butterfly Spells acrylic paint

Finnabair Art Stones

Handmade Foamrian Flowers using Gelatos (Metallic Blueberry & Metallic Grape)
--Chalkink Pink Grapefruit

Pinecones

Die cut fillers by Sue Wilson

Die cut leaves by Spellbinders

Thickers (numbers)

Stone Clock

Creative Embellishments (fairy)

No comments:

Post a Comment