Thursday, April 5, 2018

ISBG: You Color my World

Hello! Welcome to my blog. Today I'm sharing with you a new layout using International Scrapbook Garden's toolshed kit called 'Colorburst'.

There are so many interpretations with this kit! Love every little detail in it. You can make a crazy color combo page, or even just a monochrome page and love the results either way.

With this page, I wanted to use every color provided in the main kit and mixed media bonus kit. We recently stopped by Cadillac Ranch on Route 66 in Texas. These cars are standing straight up, in a row, and are weirdly part of our modern American history. People not only stop by to visit, but to spray paint the cars as well. These cars are located on the flat plains so the wind is absolutely relentless and intense as well.

Thanks for stopping by today!!!



Aren't these flowers beautiful!?


I envisioned the background a certain way and ended up with a "hot mess". LOL! So I felt the need to add lots of embellishment to tone down the background. I did use leaf die cuts made with my Silhouette Cameo here.


The mixed media kit comes with Dazzlerz 'Pucker Up Pink', which is a shimmering dimensional paste. It's an incredibly strong and powerful color!!! I applied black gesso to the title and added two different embossing powders. Polka purple is part of the mixed media kit. Lindy's Desert Moon Copper Teal is from my stash. 
Did you know that those long titles mean there is more than one color change in the powder? If you use black gesso/paint, you will get the secondary color instead.

Supplies:


My Stash:
Lindy's Embossing Powder: Desert Moon Copper Teal
Silhouette Cameo
Word stamps by Heidi Swapp and Citrus Twist
Loose thread

No comments:

Post a Comment