Friday, May 3, 2013

SOUS Die Cut Challenge: Use the word "Mom"

Hello SOUS fans!! It's Friday and time for our die cut challenge! For this challenge, we are to use a die cut with the word 'Mom' or the silhouette of a woman/mom.

I personally found this challenge easy cause I had the perfect picture of my mother to use for this challenge. The great thing about challenges is that they "force" me to work on photos and events that I keep putting off. If you have been following me for a while, you'll know this is my first frilly LO in quite a while.

Now, for the word . . . what to use?? Well, I went hunting! It didn't take much effort to find the PERFECT lettering at SVGCUTS. I was also GREATLY inspired by Melinda Sparks LO at 'the scrap farm'.  I fell in love with the brick background! I did have to fussy cut the bricks - not my favorite thing to do - but it all worked out.

I personally handmade all the flowers except the top pink flower. It came from a woman who talent I greatly admire. You can find her here.

I tried to make this LO with my mother in mind with just a touch of my personal style. My mom is a music teacher (the bricks are music notes), she loves flowers, bling, pink, and furniture that has curves and swirls built into it (hence the swirly frame). My personal touch is that I LOVE negative space on LO's and use stitching on nearly every LO and card I make.

Well I guess that about sums it up!! Thanks for stopping by today!


This photo of my mom was taken by me in May 2012.
This day was the first step of my budding photograph skills.

I used Liquid Pearls' White Opal on the die cut for extra pizazz!

Handmade flowers, bling, stitching, leaves
and a dragonfly charm make up this cluster.

The frame is a die cut from Cricut: Sentimentals.
Again I used Liquid Pearls on the frame to give it more beauty.

Supplies:
Riddersholmdesign.dk paper
     Tuquoise Hill's
         -Tatiana
         -Thirza-2
         -Thea
         -Tegwen
Cricut: Sentimentals
www.svgcuts.com
Pink Pearls
Liquid Pearls: White Opal
Dragonfly charms
AC Cardstock: Chestnut
MME PP - music background from scraps
Leaf punch
Spellbinder leaves
Flower punches
Border Punch



3 comments:

  1. What a great picture of Mom! I love your layout. It suits her perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vivian, that is a gorgeous title cut and wowzers on those flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Those flowers are the bomb .. and I adore your stitching!

    ReplyDelete