Friday, October 8, 2021

BOUNTIFUL FALL - Home Decor Mixed Media

Hello and welcome!! This is my latest home decor project for my favorite season...FALL!!! I made letters like this in the past using JOY (from Hobby Lobby) and crackle paste. Whelp, crackle paste has been rather difficult to get a hold of these days. So I tried something new...FolkArt Crackle Medium. 
Since it was my very first time using it I was amazed at the results. My other projects using crackle medium are even more detailed. Basically, the effect is similar to the swirls of alcohol ink, but also with some "crackle" effects as well.
The final finish was a glossy, glass like effect that is just gorgeous! I have more projects I will be posting soon, in which the effect is even more prominent than this first attempt.
What I learned:
1. Apply white gesso
2. Apply a full base color (you're lighter choice). I did not do this for this project. I should have.
3. Apply crackle medium. WALK AWAY....LET DRY ON ITS OWN. 
4. Come back and apply your next color choice (darker). I used Lindy's sprays since all the mediums      are water based. You can use acrylic paint as well.
5. Using your heat gun at this point is so fun and you will really see the pattern take a life of it's own.
    (much more prominent in my other projects)
6. Build your piece from there.
I gathered similar objects for each letter using Lindy's colors and 
ReneaBouquet products to dress it all up. 

I did use Bratwurst brown on the embossed writing on background. 
Graphite paste was used on the stenciling.

I have copper glitter from ReneaBouquet that really add a 
wonderful final touch to the letters.

Since the leaf had a larger base to work with, I felt the need to add "bountiful" 
from Creative Embellishments and the butterfly from ReneaBouquet.

Some of the flowers are Prima flowers. Don't forget to check out the little acorn 
and pumpkin tucked into each piece!


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY TODAY!

Supplies:

Lindy's embossing powders:

  1. Oktoberfest Orange
  2. Scratch Broom Yellow
  3. Bougainvillea Red Teal
  4. Bratwurst Brown
  5. Tennenbaum Green Gold
Lindy's Sprays
  1. Crow's Nest Copper
  2. Mango Mania
Creative Embellishments - Bountiful word

49 and Market flowers

Die Cut fillers foliage
Die Cut skeleton fall leaves

Reneabouquet
  1. Flowers
  2. Fall Beautiful board cutouts
  3. Pumpkin beautiful board cutouts
  4. Fall Leaves beautiful board cutouts
  5. Copper glitter
Graphite Paste and stencil

Gold beads

Prima Fall die cuts

Folk Art Home Decor Crackle medium


No comments:

Post a Comment