Friday, April 5, 2019

Mixed Media: Be True

Ahhhh, playing with colors . . . is there anything better? I have fallen in love (again) with deep colors, like blackberry or plum preserves by Finnabair. 

I use a lot of Creative Embellishments in my work, so of course am also excited to play along with their monthly challenges. Without further ado, let me share with you my take on this month's challenge.





First, I love the color scheme of a deep, rich color "hidden" within all the blue and greens.
In my case, I used Finnabair's Metallique Blackberry.


I have learned that the trick with making a mixed media project is to layer your similar colors.
Here, I first applied Lindy's C'est la vie Cerise and added Blue Hawaiian Blue on top of it. That really gives a project depth and a feeling of movement, if you will.


I have a jar of shimmer flakes that really make a project have a bit of "shiny" to it. 
Hint, when working with shimmer flakes, turn off your ceiling fan.


The twist is to add a wooden piece to your project. I have these CUTE wooden mushrooms by CE and I just had to tuck it in when my greenery.


I finished my canvas with white splashes of Sidewalk Chalk. The quote chips by Tim Holtz are "hands down" the best thing that company has come up with (IMO). I do use quite of bit of TH products, but those quote chips can go anywhere.

THANKS FOR STOPPING BY TODAY!!


Wooden base - on sale at Target

Finnabair: Blackberry Metallique Paint

Lindy's Embossing Powder:
--Bonjour Butter

Lindy's Starburst:
--Blue Hawaiian Blue
--My Mojito Green

Lindy's Flat Fabio:
--Sidewalk Chalk
--C'est la vie Cerise

Creative Embellishments: bird, frame, mushroom

Blue Fern patterned paper

49 and Market flowers

Spanish Moss

Tim Holtz's Word Chips

Cosmic Shimmer Gliding Flakes

Stencil

4 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous mixed media piece! Thank you for playing along with us at Creative Embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable mushrooms - your projects is woodsy, natural and beautiful. Thanks for crafting with Creative Embellishments and supporting small business.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love all the layers and techniques. Thanks for joining us at Creative Embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous! I love that you used a wood slice for the base of this piece. Thanks for joining the Creative Embellishments April Challenge!

    ReplyDelete