Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Altered Frame - THINK OUTSIDE OF THE BOX

I am inspired by many sources, especially More than Words, Lindy's Stamp Gang, and the Finnabair design team. I do gravitate towards process videos by Nadya Drozdova, Gabrielle Pollaco, and Olga Bielska. However, I don't quite have the stash these ladies have to work with so I must get creative and work with what I do have. Practice, practice, practice . . . right?

I have been following the challenge blog More than Words for quite some time. I have slowly learned to just play with my art supplies and make my efficient side of my personality take a coffee break. This month's challenge with More than Words is absolute no brainer for me. I could make 20 projects from this challenge off the top of my head. I have two successful book clubs, one of them called Drink n' Dragons. It's all about fantasy, magic, intelligent (hulky) men and strong (kick-ass) women. One of our favorite characters is . . . dragons.

I confess, I found it a bit amusing that this challenge talks about fairies and butterflies. But dragons have wings too, cause without them they are just overgrown lizards.

Thanks for stopping by today!!



Brads, old flowers, layers of Creative Embellishments chipboard and trinkets in my stash
all make up this delicious corner!


I just love the quotes to be found by 7 Dots Studio! I painted the dragon separately from
the rest of the piece.



Using my small stencils, I did manage to stencil the background with modeling paste
to add extra effect to the frame.


I did not have any "fancy" blue in my stash, other than generic acrylic paint. Worked
like a charm to give this piece a touch of bold color!

Thanks for stopping by today!!


Supplies:

5x7 Canvas - turned over

Creative Embellishments chipboard and wooden pieces

Metal Pieces

Brads

Prima Marketing
--Flowers
--Wax Red Amber
--Wax Vintage Silk

13@arts - stones and fillers

Finnabair Rust Set
--Gold Rust
--Brown Rust
--Red Rust

Studio Acrylic Paint - Deep Cyan Blue

Mini Stencil

7 Dots Studio - Word Stickers Paint Chips

Teal Pearls

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous work!! Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words! Remember to add a link to our blog as per our challenge rules. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love your take on the challenge! So many fabulous details! Thanks so much for playing along with us at More Than Words xx

    ReplyDelete