Friday, February 8, 2019

Mixed Media Canvas: Lost, Seek, Found

I am entering this into two separate challenges: one by Mixed Media Warriors (first time joining them) and Mixed Media and Art.


With the above challenge, I went with mulberry, coral and gold. Love the flowers and letters as well so had a "love lost" theme going on in my head.


The above challenge has a lot of textures to choose from, as well as the deep, rich plum color to work with. I didn't know I even liked the color until I played with it on this canvas.

I was HUGELY inspired by Nayda Drozdova work. She has a video ( I don't think I blinked) that I followed, while still making this piece my own.







Thanks for stopping by today!!!


Supplies:

8 x 10 canvas

49 and Market: Cottage Blooms

Creative Embellishments chipboard pieces
Creative Embellishments wood pieces

Lindy's Stamp Gang:
--Starburst Silent Night Silver
--Starburst Fuzzy Navel Peach
--EP Silver Moon Turquoise
--EP Twilight Blue Slate

Prima Marketing (Finnabair)
--Acrylic Paint Sparks - Ginger Magic
--Acrylic Paint Metallique Plum Preserves
--Wax Blue Velvet
--Wax Vintage Silk
--Melange Art Pebbles - various sizes

Metal Embellishments

Pearls

Tim Holtz's Quote Chips

Brick Stencil

Black Gesso
Modeling Paste

3 comments:

  1. Hi Vivian! Your creations are just beautiful and stunning :) And I wanted to thank you for taking a few minutes out of your valuable time to visit my blog. I appreciate your comment very much. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vivian! Your creations are just beautiful and stunning :) And I wanted to thank you for taking a few minutes out of your valuable time to visit my blog. I appreciate your comment very much. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vivian, Beautiful work, I love this design and the quote "creativity takes courage." I agree. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete