Thursday, December 20, 2018

Believe . . . Mixed Media Canvas

Hello there!!! Today I would love to share with you my latest Christmas project(s). Actually, I made three of these canvases but the other two I will share later as they are Christmas presents for my mom and sister.

I follow Creative Embellishments blog and challenges every month. I think my next creation will involve more gears as this photo definitely has a lot of cogs and wheels going on in it.


Without further ado here is what I came up with. I also planned on submitting to the More Than Words mixed media challenge but I forgot to add stamping. Oh well.

However, Lindy's Stamp Gang also has a color challenge this month as well.  I do not have the exact matches of their color challenge, but I do have the Jingle Bells spray set and embossing set.



I was extremely inspired by Olga Ravenskaya's Winter Forest Canvas that she made back in January 2018. I don't have her talent, but I sure did have fun making this.

THANK YOU FOR STOPPING BY TODAY!


This canvas is a mixture of Creative Embellishment's chipboard pieces, dies by Sue Wilson at DiesRUs, Finnabair products, Lindy's Stamp Gang products and random collections from my stash.


The scroll is music pattern paper by Graphic 45 "12 Days of Christmas" collection. I used embossing powder Bougainvillea Red Teal on the poinsettias. The reindeer is a mixed of the red teal and Scotch Broom Yellow.




Here is a layer of the embossed dies and chipboard, all embossing by Lindy's products. Believe has Silver Moon Turquoise  and the leaves are all embossed using Fiddlehead Fern Green.

My favorite piece in all this is the frame. I had no idea that mixing Scotch Broom Yellow and Midnight Gold embossing powders would create such an effect.


Supplies:

Lindy's Stamp Gang:

Creative Embellishments (frame, reindeer and leaves)

Finnabair Art Stones and Melange Art Pebbles

Straws from Hobby Lobby

Graphic 45 "12 Days of Christmas" - scroll

Ribbon

Christmas Flair

(can be found at www.DiesRUs.com)



8 comments:

  1. Beautiful canvas ! thank you for joining Lindy's Gang challenge !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vivian!!!!! What a beauty! The ones you made for gifts-I am SURE are gorgeous too-they will love them! Thanks for joining the DECEMBER challenge @ Creative Embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow-eee! You are rocking the mixed media and I'm such a fan! The Creative Embellishments pieces are fab ... thanks for referencing them. We love that you are playing along with us at Creative Embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! The vibrant color palette and all the festive layers are fantastic. Thanks for joining the Creative Embellishments December Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so pretty and detailed. so interesting to look at. Thank you for joining us at Creative Embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing mixed media project. I love all your gorgeous elements. Thank you for joining us at Creative Embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! This is gorgeous! I love it. Perfect for the holidays. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning canvas! Thank you for playing with us at Lindy's Gang! Hugs, Asia

    ReplyDelete