Saturday, January 6, 2018

Thankful (New Year)

Hello and welcome to my blog and 2018 . . . this is going to be a long post as I thank the many people and ideas that led to this project.

First, International Scrapbook Garden is a new kit club (in which I'm on the DT) and the owner has generously provided mixed media as part of her kits. I have been dabbling in mixed media and have felt it was time to really take the plunge! I have been watching a lot of videos lately.

Secondly, I completely fell in love with the YouTube canvas tutorial by Gabrielle Pollacco. My project is very much based on her work and am incredibly grateful that she makes videos. (Cause I really don't make videos).

Third, Christmas came. I had a package of goodies picked out by . . . me. Enough said.

Finally, I browsed around Scrapbook.com looking at alternate projects and came across Linsey Rickett who led me to The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.


What better way to show off my mixed media project!? Everything about it is "new". New goodies, new technique (for me anyway), and in general a very new type of project for me.



The colors are Lindsey's Stamp Gang Starburst Sprays called
"Autumn Leaves".


On Gabrielle's video she used a LOT of chipboard from Dusty Attic.
Well, I have a Silhouette Cameo. So I bought the 110lb Kraft Card Stock
to use and files from the Silhouette online store.

Took about an hour to cut it all out, but cheaper for me.



The project is highlighted with Perfect Pearls Gold powder 
mixed with a tiny amount of water. Love the effect!


I do already have a nice selection of stencils for creating
textured backgrounds.



THANK YOU FOR STOPPING BY TODAY!!

Supplies:

8 x 10 blank canvas
Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst Sprays - Autumn Leaves
Silhouette Cameo and files
--butterfly
--clock (hard to see)
--fence, dog, cat, grass
--background "shape" in upper left corner
Random flowers, wooden embellishments, and metal embellishments from my stash
Random bling and ribbon
Perfect Pearls Gold
Gesso
Stencils (I used 4 - 5 different ones)
Several hours later . . . (mainly because I cut out my own 'chipboard')


3 comments:

  1. Wonderful composition of textures on the surface and lovely decoration pieces on it. I also like the nice colors.
    Dear Greetings
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vivian i am loving your project!!!! i have not yet had the chance to use Lindy's sprays but once again after seeing this project they are on my must seek out and try!! thank you so much for sharing your project with us at Mixed Media Monthly.... trying and sharing new things is fun isn't it!!!!

    ReplyDelete