Sunday, June 4, 2017

Studio Challenges: Baby Mine


Hello there! Today I have for you the newest challenge at Studio Challenges.
It's a sketch based off of one of my previous layouts. Thanks Anna, for
finding my layouts inspirational.

Without further ado . . .


For the layout, I decided to go playful and use negative shapes. That means
that I made a pattern of triangles, circles, etc using SCAL4. Then cut those
patterns out onto my background paper. 

I then cut those same shapes using various patterned paper. Finally, I added 
all the stitching . . . which took about 40 minutes.

The rest came together quickly after that.

Thanks for stopping by today!!!


This photo is one of my favorites of my son at four months. Such a playful
and fun couple of months before teething and crawling began.
He was such a happy and chubby baby.


Love how all the stitching brings everything together. The buttons are
from the Japanese store, Daiso.

Supplies:
Doodle Bug Designs - Sunkissed
Bella Blvd. - Tiny Tots
Echo Park - Spring
Embroidery Floss - Pastel colors
Stickers - Bella Blvd. Tiny Tots
Buttons - Daiso
Random turtle from stash
Silhouette Cameo
SCAL4

No comments:

Post a Comment