Monday, September 23, 2013

SEIZE THE DAY (Please use handles provided)

Hello peeps! I know, I've been very busy and really haven't been much around. One of the things I've been so busy with is my new photography website and blog. Please check it out at www.vivianrlakephotography.com

My latest LO is of my son learning to ride his bike without training wheels. If you are a parent, you know what a big deal this is!! Also, as a parent, you can probably relate to what I'm about to reveal.

You see, these pictures have so many meanings. They helped my son realize that Daddy was no longer holding on, that he was riding without help. These pictures not only capture a huge milestone, but also show how big my child has gotten. (Right after he learned to ride, we got him a bigger bike.) But the most profound meaning to these pictures is that they convey the first steps to true independence.  This moment happened in the Spring of 2013. Ever since this day, my son truly began playing and making friends independently of us, his parents.  After a few turns in the neighborhood with one of us, he immediately began exploring riding alone. Crossing the neighborhood street came quickly after. And very closely after that came new friends. So honestly, this LO is a mother's joy and heartbreak as I watch my son grow up oh too quickly.




Supplies:
EP: Scoot PP and stickers
October Afternoon die cuts
Rub-ons from somewhere
BG Brads
Paper Piercer
Wooden bicycle
October Afternoon buttons

1 comment:

  1. I really love the title you used. It's just perfect for a bicycle layout! Such a fun, whimsical page.

    ReplyDelete