Friday, February 22, 2013

SOUS: Write

SOUS DIE CUT: "Write"
Treasure Box Designs

Hello there SOUS fans!! Here we are with another Friday die cut challenge - "write".  We are to make a die cut(s) around that theme (books, pencils, notebooks, pens, etc). I must admit, for me, I loved the idea of this theme and had a whole lot of ideas swirling around my head but couldn't seem to nail this one down. I ended up making this project in stages.

First, I made the girl. She is a single "Treasure Tot" file from Treasure Box Designs named "Becky". I LOVED how she turned out. I would like to rename her "Suzie" for she reminds me so much of my best friend in high school.  As you can see, she is holding a stack of books.

Next came the idea for the card. Of course, I also had a deadline to meet!! Nothing like working under pressure . . . I followed a sketch by Mojo Monday.

After I found the sketch I wanted, I dug thru my TBD files for the rest of the card as well. The pencil is from the "Back to the Books" file.  The circles and scalloped circle are from the card kit "I Dig You" at TBD too.  I will be revealing my interpretation on that card soon!!

Thanks for stopping by!!  Head on over to SOUS to see what the rest of the very talented ladies on the die cut team have come up with today.

For those of you who want to know, "Becky" is about 4 inches tall.

The pencil ended up being about 5 inches tall.

The card ended up being 5.5 x 6 inches.  Technically, it's not a square card!! (That's what I almost always make!)


Supplies:

MME: 6x6 pads - ALL SCRAPS!! woot
Kraft Paper
White Jelly Roll Pen
Cricut Machine
Treasure Box Designs' Files
Verve Stamps

9 comments:

  1. That little girl is adorable. I will have to check out Treasure Box designs. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cut card!
    I am a big fan of yours...
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!!! Love what you make from the files available, inspiration plus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow.........awesome card, loving the cute image! I must check out the files at Treasure Box designs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable card Vivian.. love that cute little paper piecing..
    hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWWWW, Becky is tooo cute!!! Super sweet card, Vivian!!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute!! I love how your little girl is against the giant pencil! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cutie girl....love how you placed her next to the giant pencil!

    ReplyDelete