Tuesday, August 4, 2015

...Handsome...

This is going to be a long post . . . sorry.  Not really!

I have more time these days to participate in challenges and am loving it. Challenges help push a creative person to do more than their comfortable with - at least for me. I can't really say that I was uncomfortable making this layout, but I do tend to shy away from large titles and multiple photos usually.

The photos taken are of my son and nephew during my sister's wedding. They knew they were handsome and cute! My son usually hides from the camera these days and I am always very happy when he cooperates . . . even loosely.

At first I thought I was going to go with "summer" colors for these photos, but that just didn't seem right. Then I came across Simple Stories "24/7" in my stash and just loved the color combination. I just "felt" like these photos really needed red to go with them. I LOVE how this turned out. Even my husband commented on it. My sister will be jealous of all the hearts cause that is her thing.

I am entering this into two different challenges.

Scrap our Stash Challenge: P-A-P-E-R
P - Pendant - Tim Holtz
A - "Arrow" sticker
P - Pop dot heart
E - Best Day "EVER" frame
R - "Really?" sticker

Sketchabilities #144 - obviously I followed their sketch.

Thanks for stopping by today!


Random washi tape behind the title.

I love layering my embellishments.


Supplies:
Paper:
--Simple Stories: 24/7
--AC Light Kraft cardstock
Scrap our Stash Challenge: P-A-P-E-R
Sketchabilities #144
Stickers from Simple Stories (all over)
Tim Holtz Pendant
Dymo Label
Thickers - title
Pop Dot Heart - Michael's
Wooden Frame


12 comments:

  1. I wanted to enter the SOS challenge so was checking out what others used for the PAPER letters. Just wanted to tell you how much I like your layout. The photos are especially adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super "Handsome" Layout!! Love the color combo and the RED just "Pops" and brings it all together!! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap Our Stash!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome layout!!
    Thank you for playing along with Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice and original layout! This is indeed what handsome looks like :-)

    ^LM
    DymoSupport

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful and fab LO. Great stash use and cute pics. Thanks for your entry in our challenge at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an awesome masculine layout. Love every element you've added. Thank you for joinng us at Scrap Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great layout and nice job with the challenge! Thank you for linking up with Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are great photos! Love the filmstrip arrangement on the left and the long title. Great use of stash. Thanks for linking up at Scrap Our Stash!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great Layout! I really like the filmstrip idea. Great title too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job in using up alot of your alpha stickers in the title! Thanks for participating with Scrap Our Stash! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete