Wednesday, April 25, 2018

ISBG: Oh so happy


Welcome to my blog! Today I would like to share my 4th project with you using the newest toolshed kit, 'Colorburst'. This kit is full of ephemera perfect for those masculine layouts you've been putting off . . . hint hint!!! My previous pages have been heavy on mixed media, so I went with a different style of layering and stitching lots of the die cuts that come in the kit.


The photo is of my son when we went fishing at Lake Deam several years ago.


I did used word stamps from my stash, as well as stitching and thread. But everything else is from the kit.


I liked making the layout look a little messy with loose thread here and there. I also like the "layered" stamp look achieved by mixing and matching small number and word stamps.


More stitching and layers!!

Supplies:

ISBG: Toolshed: Colorburst Main kit
ISBG: Toolshed: Colorburst Embellishment Bonus kit
ISBG: Toolshed: Colorburst Bonus Chipboard
ISBG: Toolshed: Colorburst Mixed Media (Lindy's Starburst Cathedral Pines Green)

My own stash:

Clear Gesso
Black Gesso
Word stamps by Heidi Swapp
Date Stamp
Sewing machine and black thread

No comments:

Post a Comment