Thursday, November 27, 2014

Snowball fight!

It's holiday card season! A time to really show off your creative skills!! 

I do love to make holiday cards. I recently discovered the joy of making box cards. However, I found that I needed to create my own version of a box card in order to achieve the look I wanted.

I love the cute bears and mice with Scrapping Bug Designs. So I scratched my head a little to come up with my own box card. More or less, this is my own design.

Thanks for stopping by today!


1. SVGCuts has made several box card files in the past few months. One of them being "Christmas Box Cards." I used the "plain display" box card found in the extras of the file. I used this one because it is wider than the traditional box cards out there.
2. Scrapping Bug Designs "Snowball Fight" with the bears of course!
3. I wanted the wider box card so I could build a realistic igloo. In the end, I just started layering and stacking with the idea that it was supposed to look 3-D.
4. I did cut out a snow pile for the front. Again, it was from "Snowball Fight". That seemed to work better than more rectangles right up front.
5. Don't forget your bear throwing a snowball!!
6. A few little embellishments to add pizazz and voila!

Supplies:
Paper:
--Winter leftovers from BoBunny
--Cocoa Brown card stock  from AC
--White card stock
--brads and chipboard embellishments
--Aqua Blue chalk ink on the white snow and igloo

No comments:

Post a Comment