Friday, October 31, 2014

SOUS: DIE CUT CHALLENGE - TRICK OR TREAT

Happy Halloween Folks!!! 

Welcome to today's die cut challenge at SOUS - 'Trick or Treat'. Duh? Right?!!

Have I told you lately how much I love mice and bears? I especially love them at Scrapping Bug Designs. Nearly all of this cute Halloween home decor is made up of die cuts!!!

I really can't tell you how much I loved putting it together. I made the mice and the lone cat on different days but after that was done I worked on the whole project together in one morning. I chose Doodlebug Designs "Ghouls and Goodies" patterned paper because I felt like this needed to be bright and cheerful to go with the mice.

Thanks for stopping by today. Don't forget to stop by SOUS and see what other fabulous projects our design team came up with for you today.


I purchased the frame from Hobby Lobby. It is originally set for a project to be
horizontal, but I cheated just a bit!

Although you can't see it, I did use Frosted Lace Stickles on the title.

I came up with names for my mice using a Thesaurus. In the case of 'Snatch',
I began my search with the word "picking". My son thought I should have
used real names, like his and Daddy's. He wanted to be the mouse
reading "a little something".

The bubbles in the cauldron are actually pearls!
I thought that was brilliant on my part.
Supplies:
Scrapping Bug Designs 'Witching Hour' file
PP: DoodleBug Designs "Ghouls and Goodies"
Stickers: same
Quickkutz label
Swirl and Stars Embossing folders
Brads, buttons, pearls and floss
Frosted Lace Stickles (title)
AC Cardstock - Smoke (mice)
AC Cardstock - Dark Gray (cat)
AC Cardstock - Black
Other various card stock colors for ears, purple stuff, etc etc.
White Gel Pen
White Chalk Pencil
Memory Makers Tiny Alpha - Black on White
Halloween Washi Tape (Michael's)
Low Heat Glue Gun (to glue title to wood)
Tiny Flag Punch
Other stuff I'm sure I forgot to mention

5 comments:

  1. This is incredible. I've never done a project like this. Did it take you forever? I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always told my girls that we do cute halloween.... And this tray is super cute! I want to put this on my list to make next :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE this project!!! Each 'box' has something ADORABLE in it and all the layers add such dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just such a sweet project! I love the cute animals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow........what can I say.......I love it! Your attention to detail, the adorable mice...What a fabulous Halloween work of Art. Have a great week Vivian:)

    ReplyDelete