Without further ado, let me just get to it!
1. What am I working on right now? Well, I have three different projects in my head at the moment. One is a fall layout as a guest designer for SVGCUTS. Another is a card that a friend requested and lastly a "school" themed layout for my current design team, SOUS.
2. How long does it take to make a project? With no distractions, about 2 - 3 hours. But I usually distract myself!!!
|This cute bear is an svg file from Scrapping Bug Designs.|
3. What are my favorite things I love to create with at the moment? I very rarely create anything without at least making a die cut on my Silhouette Cameo, even if it's just a title. I also LOVE wooden embellishments and buttons. You will also see stitching a lot on my projects.
4. How does my writing/creating process work? I actually don't like to write or journal cause my handwriting is poor. So I write on the edges . . . of a layout (above) or around a circle for example. Sometimes I don't journal at all cause I really don't like the look.
My creative process is really what I'm making a scrapbook page about or who I had in mind for the card. I try to make those things fit the photo I currently scrapping or the person receiving the card. THEN I work my style around it. That is also the point where I go and look for a sketch that I think would fit best with the photo(s). This is all the slow part for me. Once I figure this out, I can put together a page fairly quickly.
5. How do I become inspired and stay inspired? Two things really. My sister, Alissa, and Pinterest. My sister actually got me back into scrapbooking after I gotten away from it for a couple years. She also gives me the BEST compliments on my projects and at times I feel I am making something just to see what she thinks. We also both love Pinterest, which she also got me hooked on! We have very, very different styles (she ROCKS stamping) but we are each other's biggest fans.
6. What is my signature style? Die cuts. Period. On a card. On a page. Whatever. OH - and negative space on a layout - with stitching of course!!! P.S. I do make a lot of animals (bears) with large eyes.
I'm tagging Carole Wright who does great work with flowers with a vintage look.